Hi guys, today I’m talking about one of the newest items we’ve incorporated into our health routine – the full spectrum infrared sauna by Jacuzzi!
Saunas have been around for centuries, with the oldest dating back to around the 1100s. These days they’re mostly found in health clubs and spas, but companies like Jacuzzi have made it possible for you to also enjoy them in the comfort of your own home!
After spending hours researching and comparing brands, we decided on Jacuzzi’s Clear Light Sanctuary model.
This is a full spectrum infrared sauna that features cleverly placed Low EMF True Wave™ Full Spectrum heaters in the front, on the back wall, side wall, under the bench, next to your calves, and in the floor. This placement helps to concentrate the heat evenly on your body, surrounding you with high quality infrared heat.
The size of this model is not overpowering, and it can still comfortably fit my husband and I. This model is meant for one person, but we do sit in it together (for reference I am 5’0” and my husband is 5”11”). We chose the classic cedar wood finish, which smells amazing when it heats up!
One of my favorite features is the ability to play music, audiobooks, etc. through the overhead speakers. There’s also a power source to use other devices (like an iPad or salt therapy device, which we purchased separately), as well as the ability to use essential oils for aromatherapy during your sessions.
The touch screen pad is also super convenient for controlling temperature, time, and lighting.
So What Exactly Is Infrared?
Infrared radiation is an invisible form of electromagnetic energy, and it’s wavelength is longer than that of visible light. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4935255/
Infrared radiation is categorized according to wavelength:
Near infrared (wavelength of 0.8–1.5 µm)
- Penetrates the deepest
- This is the wavelength most often used in procedures to help speed healing and increase cellular repair, due to it’s ability to stimulate ATP production
Middle infrared (wavelength of 1.5–5.6 µm)
- Helps to bring more oxygen to areas needing healing
- Can increase heart rate and metabolism
Far infrared (wavelength of 5.6–1000 µm)
- Close to the wavelength of heat given off by our bodies
- Said to help increase energy in the body and help in removal of toxins through sweating, urine, and feces
- Various studies have shown that far infrared has the ability to increase artery blood flow and peripheral blood circulation, improve endothelial cell function, alleviating fatigue and pain, reduce blood pressure, and promote capillary dilatation Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4935255/
The Clear Light Sanctuary uses a combination of all three to provide the greatest benefits.
In addition to infrared heat, the sauna also surrounds you with medical grade chromotherapy lighting. You have the option to select an individual color or use the “auto” mode to have the unit cycle through the all of the colors.
After completing multiple sessions, I would say that the Jacuzzi line of saunas are well-built, comfortable, and effective. They’re a great option for personal sauna use, and I recommend browsing their website to learn more about the benefits of infrared and the technology that goes into all of their saunas.
Until Next Time!